Confidence is one of the keys to a happy life. If you feel comfortable with yourself, you’re more likely to reach out to other people and form strong connections. You’re even more likely to go after that promotion you deserve and finally ask your crush out on a date. But what if unattractive teeth are putting a damper on your confidence level? A visit to your cosmetic dentist in Inwood Village might be just what you need to feel like the world is your oyster.
The Link Between Your Smile and Your Feelings
There is no better confidence boost than a happy, genuine, and beautiful smile. Here are just a few facts that demonstrate the power of a great smile:
- Research has proven that smiling has a direct impact on how you feel. When you’re in a good mood, your brain activates the smile muscles, but this is a two-way street. When you smile, even if you’re faking it at first, you stimulate the release of feel-good endorphins in your brain and can trigger a cycle of happiness.
- Smiling is contagious. When you smile at other people, their natural reaction is to return the gesture, which in turn sends you the message that the other person is happy to see you and values your presence.
- An attractive grin can make others perceive you as happier, more approachable, and younger than the folks who have serious aesthetic flaws in their teeth and gums.
How to Gain the Benefits of a Gorgeous Smile
A smile is a magical thing—but not everyone is naturally blessed with a smile that they love to show off. Fortunately, your dentist in Inwood village offers several cosmetic treatments that are designed to vanquish imperfections and give you the gorgeous grin you’ve always wanted.
- Lumineers and porcelain veneers consist of thin tooth covers that disguise all sorts of flaws, including discoloration, cracks, chips, and more.
- At-home whitening has the potential to remove even stains that have been set in your teeth for years.
- Invisalign can correct alignment problems, resulting in a smile that is both more attractive and healthier than it was previously.
- Metal-free restorations enable your dentist to fill cavities without putting any ugly metals in your mouth.
- Virtual smile design uses advanced imaging software to give you a preview of what your new smile will look like before you commit to any treatments.
If you’re interested in any cosmetic dental treatment, your first step should be to schedule a consultation with your dentist. You’ll have the chance to discuss your smile goals, and then your dental care professional can design a plan to transform your teeth. We hope you have lots of beautiful, confident smiles in your future!
About the Author
Dr. Davina Prida earned her degree at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, where she graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS). She is a member of the Dallas County Dental Society, Texas Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Prida is also a member of the Texas Army National Guard. One of her main focuses is creating beautiful Smiles. She ia a Top Dallas Dentist Providing High Quality Dental Care, General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Implants, and Reconstructive Dentistry. Dr Davina Prida is fulfilling her vision of bringing the very best in cosmetic dentistry, reconstructive dentistry and general dentistry to Dallas at Inwood Village Dental. Dr. Prida’s approach of dental excellence and her use of advanced techniques, create the most natural, beautiful smiles possible. Dr. Prida is Dallas’ top cosmetic dentist, creating amazing smile makeovers with veneers, dental implants, dental crowns and bridges and Invisalign®. If you have questions about your dental treatment or dental care options, don’t hesitate to contact her at Inwood Village Dental or at (214) 352-2777.