Do you have a missing tooth? Several missing teeth? Are all of your teeth missing? Whether your tooth loss is mild or severe, you may have thought about getting dental implants in Inwood Village to replace them. You have an exciting journey ahead of you! Your road to a rebuilt smile may be even easier if you opt for mini dental implants rather than traditional ones. Let’s talk about what mini implants are and why they are worthy of your serious consideration.
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
A traditional dental implant is between 3.5 and 6mm in diameter. A mini dental implant is much smaller — it may be as small as 2mm wide. The two types of implants are roughly the same length. Whereas traditional implants usually come in two pieces, mini implants are usually just one piece. Both types of implants serve as substitute tooth roots and attach to custom-made artificial teeth. The smaller size of mini implants leads to several significant advantages for patients:
- Many patients who are not candidates for traditional implants may be able to receive mini ones, as long as they have adequate bone height.
- The recovery period after mini implant surgery is generally quicker than that of traditional implants. This is mainly due to the fact that the mini implant surgery is less invasive.
- There is not usually a need for bone grafting with mini implants.
- Mini implants offer the same advantages as their traditional counterparts, including stability for implant-retained prosthetics, bone and tissue preservation, and an aesthetically pleasing end result.
- In many cases, mini implants are able to bear a load very soon after placement, which means patients have few food restrictions. With traditional implants, patients may need to wait several months following the surgery before the implants are stable enough to withstand any significant pressure.
How to Take Advantage of Mini Dental Implants
If you would like to find out if mini implants are appropriate for you, find a dentist in Inwood Village who offers them. During the consultation, you can discuss all of your tooth replacement options and settle on the one that is best for your circumstances. You may also need to do a bit of financial planning. Although mini implants tend to cost less than traditional ones, they do still present a significant expense. Some dental insurance plans will cover at least a portion of the cost, and your dentist will be happy to help you explore financing options if necessary. Rest assured that mini implants are worth the cost! The many benefits they provide could help you to enjoy a lifetime of secure, confident, and beautiful smiles. Are you tired of coping with the challenges of missing teeth? Visit a restorative dentist who can help get your smile back on track with mini dental implants.
About the Author
Dr. Davina Prida earned her degree at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, where she graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS). She is a member of the Dallas County Dental Society, Texas Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Prida is also a member of the Texas Army National Guard. One of her main focuses is creating beautiful Smiles. She ia a Top Dallas Dentist Providing High Quality Dental Care, General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Implants, and Reconstructive Dentistry. Dr Davina Prida is fulfilling her vision of bringing the very best in cosmetic dentistry, reconstructive dentistry and general dentistry to Dallas at Inwood Village Dental. Dr. Prida’s approach of dental excellence and her use of advanced techniques, create the most natural, beautiful smiles possible. Dr. Prida is Dallas’ top cosmetic dentist, creating amazing smile makeovers with veneers, dental implants, dental crowns and bridges and Invisalign®. If you have questions about your dental treatment or dental care options, don’t hesitate to contact her at Inwood Village Dental or at (214) 352-2777.